COG driver ICs
Driver for Segment Displays
By assembly of the display driver on the glass substrate, the chip-on-glass technology provides following advantages:
- Reduction of the connector pins to the PCB to a minimum
- Only the power supply and a communication interface must be arranged
- The driver IC distributes the necessary multiplex rates and Bias voltages for the segment control
COG driver ML1001 forstatic segment control
The COG driver ML1001 provides a serial interface for controlling up to 40 segments per IC. Up to 3 ICs can be cascaded to control 120 segments.
COG driver ML2002
The driver ML2002 can operate statically, or at MUX½ (multiplexer) via a serial interface. ML2002 controls thereby statically up to 48 segments, and at MUX½, 96. A maximum of two ICs can be cascaded for controlling of statically 96, and in MUX½, 192 segments.
Advantages of the COG drivers ML1001 and ML2002:
- Wide viewing angle from all sides
- Voltage range of 2.0 - 6.0V (ML1001) and 2.5 - 6.0V for ML2002
- Integrated RC oscillator with a frequency of 32 KHz
- No temperature compensation required from -40 ° C - + 80 ° C. The LC-Display can always be read
- 5 pin contacting
The specifications of both driver types have been provided as download here.
For the conception of a COG module, please contact us. For your development you will find here our checklist for COG modules.